Situated throughout the 18-hole Rivertowne Course, which was first the Lowcountry green designed by Arnold Palmer, the Rivertowne neighborhood is one of Mt. Pleasant’s newest golf communities. Developed in the mid-1990s, the neighborhood includes a great mix of real estate, from homes in the $300,000 range to multimillion-dollar riverfront properties. Plenty of homes are also built overlooking the golf course. For folks interested in playing the course, Rivertowne gives you a challenging game and some excellent wetland scenery.
The community is located in Upper Mount Pleasant off Highway 41 and across from another golf community Dunes West. Residents enjoy access to tennis and swimming pool facilities as well as the community dock. Neighborhood subsections include the Isles with homes by national builder Centex, Palmetto Isle with mid-size homes, the Pointe and North Creek with custom homes, Waterfront Park (aka Rivertowne on the Wando) with Charleston-style waterfront homes, Parkers Landing with custom homes — some on deepwater lots — near the country club and the Tributary, the neighborhood’s newest subsection.
Wondering how accessible the neighborhood is to conveniences, Mt. Pleasant and the rest of the Charleston area?
- You can reach the hospital in 10 minutes.
- A Harris Teeter grocery store is located at the Rivertowne entrance.
- Boutique and name-brand shopping and the movies are just 15 minutes away.
- The Highway 41 Bridge over the Wando River leads to camping, fishing and other nature-inspired adventures as well as Daniel Island; the bridge is just two miles from the neighborhood entrance.
- Interstate 526, which leads to the Charleston International Airport, is less than a 15-minute drive.
- You’re less than 20 minutes from the Arthur Ravenel Bridge, which leads to downtown Charleston and Interstate 26.
We could write about it all day, but here’s a high-def video — under two minutes long — showing some homes and giving information about Rivertowne — enjoy!
If you have questions about Rivertowne real estate, any golf-related questions or want to know something about any other Mount Pleasant neighborhoods give Bob Brennaman, Mt. Pleasant resident and Realtor, a call at 843-345-6074.